World Health Organization
According to a study, from the World Health Organization (WHO), the diseases or disorders for which acupuncture therapy has been tested in controlled clinical trials reported in recent literature can be classified categories as shown below:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
Trauma, Injuries, Post-Operative, Sprains, Strains, Repetitive Stress Injuries
Musculoskeltal Pain (Neck, Elbow, Wrists, Shoulders, Back, Knee, etc.)
- Arthritis (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Gout, etc.)
- Cancer Related Pain (Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy, Nausea/Vomiting)
- Cardiac Conditions (Hypertension,....)
- Detoxification (Smoking Cessation, Alcohol and Drug Dependancy)
- Digestive Disorders
Abdominal Pain, Acid Refux, Constipation/Diarrhea,Crohn's, Gastritis, IBS, Nausea/Vomiting, Ulcers, etc.
- Ear and Eye Disorders
- Facial Pain and Paralysis (Bell's Palsy, Tic douloureux, TMJ, Facial Spasm)
- Headaches (Tension, Migraines, etc.)
- Kidney and Urinary Bladder Disorders (Acute and Recurrent UTI, Incontinence, Cystitis, Retention of urine, etc.)
Pregnancy (Lactation Insufficiency, Morning Sickness, Labor Induction, Pain, Post Partum Recovery)
Menstrual disorders (Dysmenorhea, Amenorrhea, PMS, etc.
- Mental and Emotional Health (Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Tension, etc.)
- Male Related Conditions (Erectile Dysfunction, Prostatitis, BPH, etc.)
- Neurological Conditions (Stroke, Paralysis, Numbness/Tingling etc)
- Respiratory Conditions (Asthma, Allergies, Bronchitis, Cold, Chest Congestion, Earaches, Flu, Hayfever, Rhinitis
- Skin Conditions (Dermatitis, Eczema, Hives, Psoriasis)
- Sleep Disorders and Insomnia ...and much more! If you do not see your condition on this list, please ask.